Friday, December 26, 2008

For the love of a candy cane!




Most of you know that I am an ultra picky eater...and this past year I have been working on expanding my eating habits. Most my life I have not eaten fish, tomatoes, most veggies and since I have had to 'force' them on my kids I have followed in tow. Last January, Tyler's eating had gotten so bad (he was 2 and half) that all he would eat was milk and cheerios. He had phased everything else out...so after a 10 day lock down, in which he went to bed 3 times without eating anything for 2 of 3 meals we have come a looooong way. Though every meal is still a challenge, tonight we went beyond the everyday broccoli, carrots, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, corn, etc to the hard core stuff! SPINACH! And it was organic spinach! Drew was crying yucky (and he is my eater) and after one bit...was saying 'yummy, yummy for my tummy!' And Tyler took it down with the promise that if he ate all his meal he would get a candy cane.
After a year of struggling...I am so proud of both of them!!
For those of you wondering...I did take ONE bite. BJ took one and thought it too disgusting for another.

4 comments:

Becky Todd said...

That is hilarious! I need you to come over to our house to teach my son to eat! We are home after a 5 HOUR delay at the airport....call us soon to play! :)

Lacey said...

I am all about bribery. Sadly...my kids get dessert every night if they finish what's on their plate. If not, no dessert. It has worked out well in getting them to eat their veggies. I never thought they'd ever love broccoli...but it is their favorite veggie now. And I love spinach- but no offense...your's looks a little mushy. LOL. :)

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas!!! See you in a few weeks!

Honeyman 4 said...

Ha! If I don't eat it, I don't make it...the spinach is out of a can. :)

Lindsay said...

That is so funny! I like spinach but cooked spinach just looks too much like boogers to eat!! Maybe they would like the raw spinach leaves? Those are yummy!