Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 random things...too easy!

My 25 random things about me...


1. I look at my boys and I want to memorize everything about them because I know I will miss these early years when they are gone!


2. I have two little dogs. They were the center of our world, but after the boys they are lucky to get a meal on time. :)


3. I don't like swimming or biking or running, but am training for a sprint tri.


4. I love the New King James version of the bible...it's poetry.


5. People think I like to read because I can read through a book quickly. Not the case, it's because I don't like to leave things unfinished.


6. My Holy Spirit has been convicting me these past couple of years on a number of things, and I enjoy it. Because in it's wake it brings intimacy with Him.


7. The Woodlands seems to get smaller and smaller. It's noticeable when a quick Saturday lunch at a Chickfila turns into a social hour.


8. I love to write with the ultra fine Sharpie. I worked for them for 5 years and the loyalty runs deep.


9. I have friends I adore and can't live without, friends I would like to know more, and others I enjoyed for a season.


10. The best feeling under your feet is a newly mopped floor! Next in line is a white sand beach.


11. I feel like everyday I clean after 3 hurricanes! A husband and two little boys.


12. I would foster to adopt tomorrow if BJ would let me. Boy or girl...


13. I would love to be pregnant again...I absolutely loved every minute of it (even delivery)...but the doctor says I shouldn't. So BJ took measures.


14. Most girls plan their weddings when they are little...I never did. Not in the slightest. In fact, beside colors, flowers, and dresses my mom planned the whole thing (music, program, food, etc)


15, I loved playing flag football in college. And we were good. :)


16. You will hardly find me wearing anything but reef flip flops and jeans. Unless I am going to the gym.


17. I have no rear end (squats don't do a thing) so jeans with flap pockets are a must! :)


18. I am proud of my husband...and I love him.


19. People think I am competitive, but I am only competitive with my self. I enjoy helping others with what I learn and how to do it better than me.


20. Tonight the boys slept in the same bed together...it's said they will be closer friends if they do. Wonder if it's time for bunk beds...


21. My course is to raise mighty men of and for God.


22. I would live in Chicago right now if I was single and young again! Winters and all. San Fran being second, Seattle being third. FYI-I am talking about the city not their political views, I am an elephant (Republican) to the core.


23. Maroon and white for my boys!


24. I ran over an owl at 3:00 am when driving between New Mexico and California with a co-worker. We thought it was a white bucket in the road and went to straddle it with the tires (we were in a lifted Ford Excursion). It turned to look at me just as we got near it. It spread it's wings and came off the ground about a foot when I hit it. It took us about 10 minutes to pull over and check it out.


25. Spent 2 weeks in Vegas for work. The second day I was there, I woke up and lost my voice. It didn't come back till I went to LA. They call it the 'desert voice.' Can't tell you how much tea with honey, hot showers, no talking I did for those two weeks.


Bonus: I have a concealed handgun license...but it's expired. It almost got me arrested once (it's important to show when you get pulled over) but it's also gotten me out of speeding tickets.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I think yours is the first that more than a few were a little surprising. A hand gun? I never would have pegged you as a hand gun girl. :) Wonderfully written. Hope you guys had fun last night. Sorry we missed it.

Kaitlin L. said...

I wasn't into planning my wedding, either! What happened to Green & Gold for the boys?!