Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life on a dairy farm!


All American Farmhouse!

This is how you keep the manuer from getting in your carpet!


How you wash clothes on a farm with 6 kids!

The cousins care for these for chores

Resting cows

Baby calves

This is how they get the milk you drink!!

Last year Drew fell into a walkway just like this...he was covered front and back in mud and manure. It was so gross! Maybe that's why he was the only one not holding his nose!

Just got done milking
We went over to the Kulp farm this morning. Since it was rainy, we hopped in their church sized van and toured the property. The boys enjoyed touching the cows and seeing the huge tractors driving around...what a smell, but what an eye opening experience. It's the reason I don't mind paying high dollar prices for milk, when I see how hard these people work!

2 comments:

Team Dale said...

My favorite post you have ever done...I love looking at the insight into the farm life. Your trip has been so well documented! I am so glad you have such a wonderful eye for the camera...I feel like I have been there with you!! Enjoy the rest of the time!!

Lacey said...

Does your sister own the dairy farm??? If so I had no idea. Glad you guys are having such a fun time. Enjoy the rest of the trip!