Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Always something...but it's enough to make you laugh!

He's not hurting...

Just out of the shower this morning...

This morning I was greeted with this cute little man hiding behind the kitchen island. He jumped out and said 'surprise'... And what a surprise. Tyler looked like he'd been in a fight over night. My first thought and what came out of my mouth was 'who won?' I couldn't help but giggle, since his other eye was wide eyed and bushy tailed. A not normal occurrence in the morning. I usually have to drag him kicking and screaming out of bed. So of course, I put a call into the doctor. As I described his condition on the phone to the nurse, Tyler looked at me in all seriousness and said 'Mommy, am I going to die?' Is it all the times I tell him 'don't run into the street. You could get hit and die.' Maybe I should reconsider how I state things to him. But, again I had to giggle because it was all too funny. So we rushed around doing chores this morning waiting for our 10:45 appointment. The people at Lowe's looked very concerned, so much that I had Tyler put on his sunglasses. We then peacefully walked through doing our business. We got to the doc's office and Tyler (the ever so polite little man) was holding the door for all the ladies. One lady gratefully smiled at him, and was beginning to say thank you when she spotted his eye. Her face went to shock...wear your emotions on your sleeve lady...and just stared at him. I was giggling, till I realized she must think we have a severe case of pink eye. We then huddled in the corner waiting our turn. Come to find out, Tyler has an allergic reaction to mulch. Yep, mulch (or something in it). Last night, he was loading his truck with recently laid mulch and got some in his eye. I had flushed it and didn't think much of it since it didn't bother him. Gratefully, no scratches and his eye should recover in 2 to 3 days.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh sweet Tyler...looks like you've been in a fighting ring. :) Glad he is okay and it will heal. He is so cute even with a swollen eye!!

Kaitlin L. said...

Poor kiddo! Great that it looks worse than it is :)

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

poor thing..i hope its not too annoying for him!

Becky Todd said...

I can't help but laugh either! Your two are all-boy! We miss you and will see you in 4 days!! :)