Saturday, September 12, 2009

9 Principles, 12 Values




Tune into Glenn Beck's 9/12 Project going on right now! It's not about who you voted for, or what you call yourself, be it Republican or Democrat, but what we stand for...who we are as America.

He quoted the following scripture on air. Ephesians 6:12 'For we do not wrestle against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.' Blackaby, my Bible commentator, says this about that verse. 'If you are a Christian, you are engaged in a spiritual battle of universal proportions. Your soul is in a conflict against the forces of evil, so fight the good fight. As frightening as the powers of darkness may appear, you serve the God of light, and the victory is His!' That's awesome!

The 9 Principles:

1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person then I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

The 12 values that Glenn Beck is telling Americans they need to embrace are:

Honesty

Reverence

Hope

Thrift

Humility

Charity

Sincerity

Moderation

Hard Work

1 comment:

Team Leslie said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing.